Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 1 Recap and Results

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a pretty great weekend. Friday night Cody grilled out for us and we had a fairly low key night. Then on Saturday our friend Sydney came over to watch Blakely so we could go to a crawfish boil at our friends, Terri and Craig, house. It was a great time! While I did plan ahead for the crawfish, it was technically still cheating since that's not exactly a "21 day fix approved" protein! Haha

I gave you guys a short update on days 1 and 2 last week. The rest of the week went pretty well too. I did make some adjustments to eating plan though. When we had chicken for dinner on Tuesday night we had lots left over. I really try not to waste anything so instead of the ground turkey lunches I had planned for the rest of the week I substituted the leftover chicken and veggies from the week. It worked out great and I was still completely on track with my daily container allowance. I think that's something I love about this program, you can adjust it mid-week without slipping up!

The weekend was harder, as I expected. On Saturday I had planned to have a salad at home for lunch but the lettuce that I bought on Sunday had already turned brown. I don't like brown lettuce. It's probably fine but I just can't look at brown lettuce and put it in my mouth. So we went to Chilis where I was able to just get a grilled chicken salad and that fit right in with what I had already scheduled. The hard part was when Cody ordered a half order of cheese fries and ranch! WHAT?! Is he trying to test my limits!? I did really good. I had 1/2 of a single fry and NO RANCH! Anyone that knows me, knows that ranch is my weakness so resisting was a huge success in my book. I ate my salad and made the right choice. Sunday was similar, we had McAlisters for lunch, which wasn't planned, but I still made it work. I had a grilled chicken wrap and fruit cup which I counted for 2 greens, 1 red, 1 blue, 2 yellow, and 1 purple. Since that meal was so late my mid-afternoon snack wasn't really going to work and we had Dgroup so we just grabbed a salad from somewhere on the way home. So I can't say that I stuck to my schedule 100% but I made the best choices I could given my situation. And that's a win for me.

Since I finally got my full bag of vanilla Shakeology this weekend I tested it out and man was it yummy. I had banana and peanut butter yesterday and it was so good that I had that exact same combination again today. Except today I didn't have milk, just water, mixed in. It was still pretty fabulous.

I hate to break the news but I've gotten pretty lazy about taking pictures of my food. I took a few but definitely not every single meal. Here's what I have to share with you. 
Tilapia and sautéed squash

Lunch- leftover chicken with veggies in a tortilla 
Shrimp and pineapple kebobs with wild rice. This was my favorite meal all week! 
Sunday morning shakeology! 

Now that I've completed all the workouts in the program I can say I really like them! I think I might even like them better than T25. There is a lot more weight training involved and I leave a sweaty, sore mess every single time. Just the way it should be.

I've been debating with myself about whether to post the before and after pictures that Cody took for me. I'll be taking them each Saturday to track my progress. I think I've decided to take the plunge. I won't post them on Facebook just yet but if you're lucky enough (HA!) to read this post then I'll show you how I've done. It's no different than posting a bikini picture, right? People do that all the time. I have to say I'm really pleased with my progress. I started the week at 130lbs even. Saturday morning I weighed in at 126.4! Seriously! Almost 4 lbs in 1 week. I honestly didn't think that was possible for me. I mean, they advertise up to 15 lbs but I'll be honest, I just thought that was the exception. It's not! It can happen! I haven't looked at individual inches on certain parts of my body but my total inches lost was 3. So in 5 days I lost 3.6 lbs and 3 inches. It's that easy folks! Buckle down and make it happen. If I can do it, you can do it!! 

No, I didn't grow 2 inches this week. My photographer was slacking! 

 I'll be back for another post soon.

Until then,
Geneva

No comments:

Post a Comment