Thursday, May 8, 2014

My first post in 3 years..

So it's been 3 years since my last post....is that a record? I've been busy being pregnant, giving birth, and being a mom! Oh, what's that? I'm excused? Thanks.

Now that that's out if the way let me tell you why I'm back. Beachbody. I honestly never thought I would be able to complete an at home program much less live to write about it but here I am. 

Ten weeks ago I started a program called T25 through Beachbody. It took some effort to convince Cody (and myself!) that I could stick with it. Let's be real, I tend to give up on things that don't offer immediate results (Hello 3 year old blog...). It involves a quick, 25 minute workout 5 days a week. Tomorrow is my last day! I completed the entire thing! I lost 5-6 lbs (depending on the day, my weight fluctuates)! That may not seem like a lot but I really only had 10 lbs to get to my goal weight anyway and I started at my pre-pregnancy weight. So that means in 10 weeks I lost 5 lbs that I've been trying to lose for 3+ years. I'll take it!

Some of you may be looking for before and after pics. I plan to take my official after pics on Saturday so I'll try to get the courage to post them after that. Eeek! I don't know if I can! 

Since I'm finishing T25 I started exploring what else Beachbody had to offer me for my next adventure. Since eating right is way harder for me than working out consistently I chose the 21 Day Fix. It's all about teaching portion control and has some killer (or so I've heard) workouts too! It takes 21 days to develop/break a habit so I hope this will lead me to a healthier lifestyle long after the program is over. 

Stay tuned on Monday when I start the 21DF and blog my way through it! I might even offer a sneak peek of my planning progress on Sunday. 

Until Then,
Geneva 

No comments:

Post a Comment