Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My First Post!

Hey! I tried this blogging thing a while ago and it didn't last long because I felt like I never had anything interesting enough to share with the world. Well since then I've come to the realization that I am perfectly OK with my sometimes crazy, most-of-the-time NOT crazy life. That being said, I've decided to give this thing a try again.

I'll start by filling you (the one or two readers I might have!) in on the most recent events in my life. My most exciting event is that I've decided to tain for and run a 5K race. I've always really wanted to be a runner and said "I'm going to run a 5K one day." Guess what....today is ONE DAY!

I started using the Couch to 5K app on my iPhone and it's been AH-MAZING! It's an interval running type of training program and it starts off very simple. The first week started with a 1 minute run and alternating walking time. I just started week 4 now and I ran for 5 straight minutes today! That might not seem like a lot to some people but for me it's a huge accomplishment.

Since I started running I've also been much more interested in eating healthy. This week I found a great enchiladas recipe and Cody executed it. It was super yummy! Since then I've been looking for more healthy eating blogs so if you know of any great ones, PLEASE comment and send me the link. =)

Well if I have anyone who has actually made it to the end of this blog then I say Thank You!! See you soon blog world!

Geneva

No comments:

Post a Comment